Sunday, March 6, 2011

Les Miserables- 25th Anniversary

Airing on PBS stations this month is the 25th anniversary concert of LES MISERABLES.   What I've seen so far is excellent.  I had heard complaints about Nick Jonas (of the Jonas brothers) as "Marius" but his singing is good and I just think he's trying so hard not to screw it up that he comes off a little stiff - but no where near the train wreck I'd heard he was.   The sound on this is amazing - huge orchestra and chorus.  And, don't forget that "to love another person is to see the face of God" - my favorite lyric from this show.

Definitely check this out- either on PBS - or buy the blu-ray - link below takes you to Amazon.
Les Miserables: The 25th Anniversary Concert [Blu-ray]

Here is the cool finale with members of the Origingal London Cast from the concert shot by someone in the audience- this isn't a clip from the broadcast/dvd...

and here is my favorite song from the show- you can't go wrong with "The Confrontation" -sung by Alfie Boa and Norm Lewis at the 25th Anniversary concert...

and you have to love Neil Patrick Harris and Jason Segel performing this...


and while we're at it, I'll throw in Jason Segel and Paul Rudd singing the song...

No comments:

Post a Comment